There are a few things you need to do in order to set up a Discord server for gaming. First, you need to create a Discord account and download the Discord app. Next, you need to create a server. Once you have created a server, you will need to invite other players to join. Finally, you will need to set up some basic rules and guidelines for your server.
Create a Discord account and Download the Discord App
Creating a Discord account is easy and only takes a few minutes. You can do this by going to the Discord website and clicking on the “Register” button. Once you have registered, you will need to download the Discord app. This can be done by visiting the Discord website and clicking on the “Download” button.
Once you have downloaded the Discord app, you will need to launch it and log in with your account to create your new gaming server.
Creating a Discord Server
Creating a Discord server is very easy and only takes a few minutes. You can do this by clicking on the “+Add a Server” button and following the prompts. Once you have created your server, you will need to invite other players to join.
Invite Other Players to Join
In order to invite other players to join your server, you will need to generate an invite link. This can be done by going to the “Invite People” tab and clicking on the “Create Invite” button. Once you have generated the invite link, you will need to send it to the other players that you want to invite.
Setting Up Basic Rules and Guidelines
Once you have invited other players to join your server, you will need to set up some basic rules and guidelines. This can be done by going to the “Server Settings” tab and clicking on the “Edit” button. From here, you will be able to set up various rules and guidelines that will govern your server.
Some basic rules and guidelines that you may want to consider setting up include:
- No trolling or spamming
- Be respectful to others
- No inappropriate language
- No DM’ing other members
- No NSFW material
Feel free to take a look at our Discord server rules and use (or don’t use) what you want.
11 Tips & Tricks for Setting Up a Discord Server for Gaming
While setting up a Discord server is technically pretty easy, setting up one that keeps gamers around longer than a few minutes is a bit more challenging.
- Make sure you have a good name for your server. This will be the name that other players will see when they join your server.
- Have a good description of your server. This will help other players understand what your server is all about.
- Create a set of rules and guidelines for your server. This will help keep your server organized, and running smoothly, and weed out the bad actors.
- Have moderators to help your keep the peace. You might be able to do it alone with the first hundred members, but it will get too much as more members are online when you are not. BONUS: Find moderators that are on the opposite of the world as you. This way you may sleep while the other person keeps an eye out.
- Make your Voice and Text channels easy to navigate. This will allow you and other players to communicate easily before, while, and after you are playing games.
- Add emojis to important channels in order to have your members associate those channels with a symbol. This also means do NOT change emojis often as your members will need to “relearn” what means what again.
- Make your server icon stand out from the others. Try to avoid darker icons AND try to avoid changing icons often because of the same reason as #6.
- Make sure you have a good server banner. This is the image that will be displayed at the top of your server’s page on Discord.
- Visit larger public gaming servers that share similar interests to you and your own Discord and befriend people there and then invite them to yours.
- Be active in your server. If you’re not around to chat, play games, or otherwise interact with your server’s members to keep the community alive.
- Make sure you have a good game selection. This will allow your server to appeal to a wide range of gamers. Adding reaction roles will help your members “sign-up” and get notified when people are looking for a game.
By following these tips, you will be well on your way to setting up a Discord server for gamers that will be enjoyed by all. And feel free to join our own gaming community to see how we do it. Here is our invite link: https://discord.gg/UbMKSScXru